DAZN is the perfect platform for any sports junkie. You have all the sports you could want (even chess!), you can watch them on tons of devices, and you get no-contract and no-commitment subscriptions.
Best of all, you’re in the US, so you don’t need to use a VPN to unblock DAZN.
Not so fast, though. You don’t need one to watch DAZN from wherever you are in the US, true, but there are plenty of other good reasons you should use a VPN when watching your favorite games on the platform:
1. Watch US Content While Abroad
Sure, you can watch all the content you want while you’re in the US, but can you also do that when you’re abroad?
Let’s say you take an extended vacation to Europe or Asia. Or you have to move there for work for a few months. Will you be able to last without seeing your favorite games on the weekend?
Don’t forget – the content you get in the US is only for the US. Some of it might be available in other countries where DAZN operates, but you definitely won’t get the same variety.
Instead, you’ll have to settle for the content library of the country you’re in. Even worse, if you’re in a country where DAZN isn’t available yet, you won’t be able to use the site at all.
With a VPN, things change. You just need to connect to a US server, and you’ll unlock all the sports content you love no matter where you are in the world.
2. See Sports from Other Countries
Maybe you don’t plan on leaving on an extended overseas trip. But what if you get bored of the US content library? What if you heard of some awesome sporting events in other countries you’d like to check out?
Unfortunately, as long as you’re in the US, you can’t do that. And it’s not like you can take a quick trip to those countries just to catch a game.
Well, if you use a VPN, things are easier. With it, you can easily switch content libraries on the go by connecting to different servers in countries where DAZN is available.
So for example, if you were to visit DAZN while connected to a German VPN server, you’d get access to the German content library.
3. Stop Bandwidth Throttling
Bandwidth throttling is when your ISP intentionally lowers your online speeds. They usually do it to prevent network congestion at peak times, but they can also use it as a way to “subtly” pressure you into buying pricier data plans.
There’s also a chance they might throttle traffic for a specific app because they have a deal with a competitor who they prioritize traffic for.
And bandwidth throttling happens a lot in the US. But since your ISP can see your browsing, there’s not much you can do, right?
Not exactly. If you use a VPN, you can stop them from capping your speeds. Here’s how it helps:
- The service encrypts your traffic end-to-end. That prevents ISPs from analyzing your data packets to see what web pages you browse, and what web apps you use.
- A VPN also hides the destination of your connection requests. On your ISP’s end, they’ll only see you’re connecting to the VPN server’s IP address. They won’t see that your connection actually goes all the way to DAZN’s website.
How to Pick a Really Good VPN for DAZN
Not any VPN will do.
First, you need to make sure the service can actually unblock DAZN. If it doesn’t, you’ll get an error saying you’re using a VPN, and the site will block your connections.
So that definitely rules out free VPNs. They don’t have the financial backing to keep up with DAZN’s blocks by constantly updating their IP addresses. Of course, not all paid VPNs are able to keep up either. So you need to test them out during the free trial or money-back period to make sure they’re working well.
That’s not all, though. Just because the VPN can circumvent DAZN’s detection methods doesn’t mean you’ll get a smooth experience.
If the VPN provider has a small fleet of poorly optimized servers, you’ll have to put up with low speeds and dropped connections.
You need to make sure the VPN offers high speeds, unlimited bandwidth, and that it has enough servers (ideally hundreds of them or more) in locations where DAZN is available. Currently, the site works in:
- The US
All in all, it’s pretty obvious that picking the right VPN for the job isn’t simple. If you want to save time and just watch DAZN from wherever you want while avoiding a lot of hassle, we recommend ProPrivacy’s guide. It’s in-depth and very easy-to-read. Plus, you get some pretty cool discounts with their exclusive offers.
Slow Speeds? No Problem – Try This
VPNs can sometimes slow down your original speeds. Luckily, you can improve them by doing this:
- Use lightweight protocols like IKEv2, SoftEther, L2TP/IPsec, and WireGuard.
- If you can only use OpenVPN, use it over UDP instead of TCP.
- Try watching DAZN with a VPN over a wired connection, not WiFi.
- If you can only use WiFi, bring your device closer to the router. Alternatively, get a WiFi range extender to strengthen the WiFi signal throughout your home.
- Use split-tunneling to isolate the DAZN app or the browser you watch DAZN on. That way, only that traffic gets encrypted. So you might get better speeds because the encryption-decryption process is less intensive.
- Turn off background applications.
How Often Do You Use a VPN for DAZN?
Is it your go-to service when you need to unblock the US library abroad, or do you run a VPN connection every time you watch a game?
Let us know in the comments or on social media.