If you are looking for an alternative to the iOS app store, look no further than TweakBox. A free third-party app store, TweakBox offers users a choice of thousands of modified game, tweaked apps, and even a few Cydia tweaks rebuilt.
So you don’t need to jailbreak to use them. Even better, it has been updated to work on iOS 13.
An unofficial app store, TweakBox offers more than 2,000 apps, games, and tweaks. There is no longer any need to jailbreak to get this type of content, and everything that TweakBox provides access to is free. The developers have listed all the content in four categories, making it easier for you to find what you want:
- App Store Apps – official iOS apps and games, all free
- Exclusive Apps – what you won’t find in the official app store, including games emulators, streaming apps, screen recorders, and more tweaks
- Tweaked Apps – popular stock apps redeveloped with new features
- Modified Games – official games redeveloped with new features and unlocked
Is TweakBox Safe?
Absolutely. The developers have put a lot of work into TweakBox to ensure your safety when you use it. SSL encryption provides fast, safe downloads and regular updates keep it free of viruses and malware.
Because you don’t need to jailbreak to install TweakBox, you are not hacking the root of your device, and it requires no special permissions to run – the same as any official app. All this means it isn’t compromising the security of your device, which means Apple cannot penalize you for using it.
What they can do is revoke the app certificate because it isn’t an official app – use a recommended TweakBox VPN to stop that happening.
How to Install TweakBox on iOS 13:
All you need for this is your iPhone or iPad on iOS 13 and a good internet connection. It’s really very simple to do, here’s how:
- Launch Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad and go to the official TweakBox download page
- Tap on Download and then tap Allow on the popup message
- Open iOS Settings and tap on General
- Tap Profiles & Device Management
- Scroll down to Downloaded Profiles and find TweakBox
- Tap Install beside it and then tap Install on the popup message
- When it’s done, the TweakBox icon is on your home page
How to Use TweakBox App:
Using TweakBox is dead simple:
- Open the installer from your home page
- Choose your category
- Search for a game or app and tap it
- Tap Install and follow the download steps on the screen
- Wait for the download to finish, and the app icon will be on your home screen
How to Fix Untrusted Developer Error:
Whenever you use unofficial content, Apple will throw up an Untrusted Developer error message, and you can’t use the app until you fix it. This is purely because the developer is not Apple-verified, but it is simple to resolve:
- Note the developer name from the error message and then tap on Cancel
- Now open Settings and tap General > Profiles
- Find and Trust the developer in the profiles list
- Tap Trust again to confirm and close Settings – that app will work
How to Fix Profile Installation Failed Error:
On the whole, TweakBox is pretty stable, but one common error is being reported – the Profile Installation Failed error. This looks much worse than is and is probably because the Apple servers are overloaded and struggling to cope with traffic. Wait for a couple of hours and try again; if it works, the servers have cleared. If it doesn’t work or the error persists, you should try clearing data and history from your iPhone or iPad following these steps:
- First, place your device into Airplane mode and make sure that Wi-Fi is fully disconnected
- Go to iOS Settings and tap on Safari
- Tap on Clear History and Website Data option
- Tap Clear History and Data in the next menu
- Close Settings and take your device out of Airplane mode – make sure you have a Wi-Fi connection
- Wait a few minutes and then install TweakBox again – it should work with no problem now
If, for some reason you don’t want TweakBox on your device anymore, it is simple enough to delete. Many people also find that, if they get an error with the app, the easiest way to fix it is to delete TweakBox and start again. You can do this in two ways:
Method 1: Delete the App Icon
- Find the app icon on your home screen; tap and long-hold it
- It will start wiggling; tap the cross in the top corner
- Tap Delete to confirm
Method 2: Delete the Profile
- Go into iOS Settings and tap General
- Tap Profiles and find the TweakBox profile
- Tap it and tap Delete
Both methods will remove TweakBox from your device.
You won’t find a better app store alternative than TweakBox. It is one of the best ways to install some Cydia tweaks and loads of unofficial apps and games for free.
It isn’t at the same level of functionality as Cydia, but it offers enough for most people. Try it; you may never go back to the official app store!