If you want to organize online courses, parties, wedding celebrations or even any virtual event, you should choose Zoom because it is easy to use, and anyone can host meetings for free.
They have many features you won’t miss your offline Meeting and classes like in official Meetings, or offline classes were taking permission to speak by raising our hard, so here in zoom also they have the option of raising a hand.
This feature resolves many issues. : If the teacher in the online class explains at that point, students may choose to raise the hand option in the meantime because they have doubts. The Host will be notified that students may have questions.
Some people may wonder why they want to use this function; they can also raise their Hands in real with video on. Still, if they do, the Host may not notice their Hand because there are many participants in the Meeting, but with this function, the Host will get a notification that someone has raised their Hand so that they can solve your problem right away.
So here, we will show how to use these features on a different device.
How to Raise Your Hand in Zoom on Android and iOS
You are attending a Zoom meeting, but for some reason, you attended the Meeting on your phone, don’t worry; you can also use your Android or iOS phone to raise your Hand. Learn more about how to use these features on mobile devices.
- Open your mobile go to the Zoom meeting. Join the Meeting after joining the Meeting at the bottom of the screen on the right side; you will see the option of More select it.
- Now you will have many options like chat, Raise Hand and Meeting set.
- Choose Raise hand
- After you choose to raise your Hand immediately, the Host of the Meeting will get a notification that you have raised your Hande Host will tell you to unmute and listen to you carefully.
- After speaking or asking your question again, go to the more option and click on the lower Hand.
- The lower hand option will not mute you, so make sure you mute yourself.
Read Also:- Make Trading Easy With These 4 Trading Apps
How to Raise Your Hand in Zoom on Desktop or Web
If you join the Zoom Meeting by Windows, Linux, or Mac, or by a web browser, go-ahead to use these features.
- Join the Meeting from your device
- After joining the Meeting, you will see the participant option at the bottom of the screen; select it
- After selection, you will get three options: invite, unmute and raise your Hand
- Choose the Raise hand option, and the Host will get the notification
- If you want shortcut key them yes, it is available in Windows PC ( Alt + Y ) and Mac ( Alt + )
- Then if the Host wants you to speak, they will ask you to unmute yourself
- After solving your doubt, please lower your Hand by Alt + Y or go to the participant and choose the lower hand option.
- Would you please make sure you have mute yourself after your doubts? No shortcut key or lower Hand will mute you?
How to Raise Your Hand in Zoom Via Telephone
As you know, you can also join the zoom meeting by Telephone. This method of raise in Hand is different compare to mobile and windows.
In this, whenever you want to raise your Hand by Telephone, you have to dial *9.
In Zoom meeting by Telephone, you cant lower your Hand. This is not available. But don’tdon’t worry about sticking your hands up because the meeting organizers can lower their hands last.
Can A Host Raise Hand?
Only participants can raise their hands in a zoom conference, and the Host cannot raise their hands. When participants raise their hands, a small blue hand icon is displayed next to their names. The Host will be able to see who raised their Hand by viewing the participant list. It usually appears at the top of the participant list.
How The Host Can Respond To Raised Hands
- The Host will get a notification whenever someone has raised their Hand. And if someone has raised the hand host can see it in the participant list as the name will appear top the list.
- Now the Host may ask you to unmute yourself if the Host wants to listen to you. And Host will see your profile picture and name.
- The Host can mute you after your question, or you can mute yourself again.
- The Host can lower your Hand Also.
What To Do When You Can’tCan’t See The Raise Hand Option In Zoom
There can be two reasons not seen the option of Raise hand in Zoom meeting
- Or you are in Full-screen mode
If you are in full-screen mode, how to solve the issues
In full-screen mode, Zoom minimizes the toolbar at the bottom, creating an immersive experience.
If you do not see the toolbar at the bottom during a meeting, then you may.
Tap the Zoom meeting screen from your mobile device to bring up the toolbar. Now you can select the Participants tab and select Raise Hands.
You only need to move the mouse to the zoom milling screen to display the toolbar on the PC. Now Click on the Participant tab and then click on Raise Hands.
- If the Host has disabled the option of nonverbal feedback for the Meeting, the users won’t see the option raise a hand. So participants have to ask the Host to enable the nonverbal option feedback.
Read Also:- TopStore App Download Tutorial on iOS 13
So here are the steps how the hist can enable the option nonverbal feedback :
- The first Host have to visit the site of zoom, i.e. zoom.us
- Now press on the sign-in
- Now enter username and password
- Now on the top right corner, you will se the option of my account click on it, then choose the setting option
- In setting, you will see an option of Meeting
- Choose the tab Meeting in that you will see the option of Nonverbal feedback
- On the tab Nonverbal feedback
In short sign in>My Account >Setting >Meeting >Nonverbal feedback
Also check:- What Is the Future of Mobile Apps?