Do you want to know ‘How to disable pop up blocker on Chrome’ for some reason? Wait, you must be wondering why are we suggesting you turn off something that is known for ruining the experience of surfing the web. We know that you get annoyed when an ad interrupts your flow while watching an interesting video.
We also know that pop-ups are known for ruining the experience of the user. However, sometimes pop-ups are necessary to see. Many websites these days ask the visitors to fill up the info in the pop-up window to continue the visit. Pop-up blockers often prevent you from watching a video or any other notice that’s important.
If you want to see pop-ups for any reason, here’s how to turn off pop up blocker on Chrome. A simple guide to disable the blocker on your Chrome: PC, Android phone or an iPhone. Once you read this guide on how to turn off pop up blocker in Chrome, you will start seeing them again.
How to Remove Pop Up Blocker – Chrome on Desktop
- Open Google Chrome in your computer
- You’ll notice a three-dot row in the upper-right corner of your browser window, click on it
- A drop-down menu appears after it, click on Settings from the menu
- Then click on Advanced from the menu
- Site Settings will appear, click on it
- From there, scroll down, and you’ll see Pop-ups and redirects, click on it
- You’ll see a toggle on the top of the screen, if you have allowed it, it shows blue and read “Allowed”, turn it off.
Now that you know [how do I disable my pop up blocker] on desktop, we move onto next.
How to Remove Pop Up Blocker on iPhone
If you use an iPhone and a Chrome browser on it, here’s how to disable the blocker on your iPhone:
- Open Chrome on your iPhone
- On the iPhone, click on the three dot row in the bottom of the screen, it contains all the menu: bookmarks, history and all.
- Click on Settings, and this option has a gear icon next to it.
- It opens another menu, go to the bottom and click on Content Settings.
- Another drop-down menu appears, you see ‘Block Pop-ups’ and the status: on/off.
- Turn the status off by disabling the toggle to allow pop-ups. You are set now.
How to Disable Pop Up Blocker on Android
- Open Chrome on your Android phone
- You’ll see a three-dot row in the upper right corner. Click on it to open the menu
- Once the drop-down menu appears, select Settings
- Scroll down a bit, and you see Site Settings, click on it
- Another menu appears where you see ‘Pop-ups and redirects’
- If it shows ‘Blocked’, turn the toggle off to allow pop-ups again.
Now that you know how to disable pop up blocker on Chrome, you are all set to see essential pop-ups on Chrome, whether it be your computer, an Android or an iPhone.
See More: How to Cite a Blog?
If you have any other tech queries, you can check them out here.