What languages and technologies do you need to learn to become a full-stack developer and being a part of a dedicated team, one of the most popular specialists these days? Let’s figure this out.
According to StackOverflow research, a full-stack web developer is one of the most popular specializations among developers, so there’s no surprise, there are so many programs and courses to master this specialty.
Below I have collected links to resources that will help you gain the knowledge you need to become a full-stack developer and find your first job.
All web courses start with HTML and CSS because they are web bricks. The following topics are often encountered both in interviews and actual work.
- Semantic HTML
- CSS box model
- CSS processors and their benefits
- CSS media inquiries
- Bootstrap is a framework that helps to design pages and create prototypes fast and is a great source of fundamental knowledge about CSS.
- How to work with DOM
- What is JSON and how to manage it
- Asynchronous control streams
- Structuring the code
- Tools: Webpack, Browserify, Gulp
- How to work with popular frameworks
- Testing frameworks.
The second part of the full-stack developer’s work is the creation of server logic. Here I will consider the topics related not only to popular programming languages but also to databases, SQL, and application building process logic.
- Express is a framework for working with Node.js and fast creation/deployment of web applications
- if you are interested in creating apps for Ruby on Rails and Sinatra
- Python and popular frameworks Django and Flask
- Java this language is very popular in full-stack development, but if you are interested in working in the corporate segment, you should take a closer look at it
- PHP is an important language and a cornerstone of the web. Today it is used in many companies and is in high demand
Databases and Web Storage
- Understanding SQL
- Understanding NoSQL databases like Mongo. Understand which one of the options is better in a particular case. Know how to connect and work with a specific database using your server programming language
- Web Storage API to store cookies and application cache
- Scaling up databases
HTTP & REST
HTTP is what allows the client to connect to the server. So it is necessary to know how this protocol works.
- What is REST and why it is important?
- Best practices in RESTful API design
- How to work with ChromeDevTools
- What are SSL certificates?
- Web application architecture
To create a complex application you need to know how to structure the code, how to build a file structure of the project, where to store large files, how to structure the database.
- Learn the general concepts of PaaS (Platform as a Service)
- Designing Web Applications by Microsoft
How Git works and how to use it should be known in any field of development. The following links will help you.
Basic algorithms and data structures