Undoubtedly, backup of files is very essentials but sometimes it creates problems as well like fulfilling the space and many more.
So, timely deletion of unnecessary backup files is highly required for smooth working. So, the article is fully about the ways through which you can delete your backup files without creating any harm to your other files and your device especially in Windows 10.
Stay tuned to know the ways to delete your backfiles in Window 10:
Have you heard about Minecraft, if yes, then you might have been using a crafting table to craft your items in it? But there is a good alternative- Minecraft Stonecutter that works perfectly and will easily craft your items in the game.
Let’s get started:
How to delete Backup files in Window 10:
This section will disclose two methods to you, to effortlessly delete your old backfiles in Window 10. Here, is a list of methods that we will be using:
Method 1: Delete old backup files using file history cleanup.
Method 2: Delete Old File Backup History
Let’s continue with the first method steps and details through a step-by-step guide for your ease:
Deleting backup files using File History Cleanup in Window 10:
In Window 10, Backup and Restore enable you to create a backup of files automatically. These backups are taken on the hard drive or on Window OS as you turn your schedule setting on. So, it is highly needed to delete backup the files to clean the storage device. Here, is detailed information to delete backup files in Window 10.
Seeking an external webcam that increases your video quality and enhances your video with other functionality. Then Logitech c920 is the one that will help you create the best video for you.
Follow these steps to do so:
- Firstly, open the control panel on your laptop. You can either open it- by searching it from the windows search bar or from the control panel folder appearing on your desktop apps and folder.
- After opening it, click on system and securities and from there go for the File history icon as shown in the image:
- File history window will appear, select “Advanced settings” on the left side of the displayed screen.
- Then go for the cleanup versions below the version section as shown in the image:
- Now, a screen will display asking you to select the time period version:
1.All but the last one
2.Older than 1 month
3.Older than 3 months
4.Older than 6 months
- Older than 1 year
- OLder than 2 years
- Once you are done with the selection of the time period. Then click on the Clean Up button.
- The cleanup successfully completed will prompt on your screen then click on okay.
Isn’t the steps are super easy and effectively solve your problem. Drop your views in the comment section.
Also Read: Using Neat Scanner Without Software (100% Working)
In case, you are stuck in any step then either share your problem in the note section or try the second method, which we are about to tell you.
Let’s begin with the second method:
Method 2: Delete your all old Backup files using the command prompt option in Window 10.
In this method, we will be deleting all the old backup files using the Command prompt option. You can save your backup files to an internal hard drive, externally connected drive, or even in the network control panel. So, work on it accordingly.
Here, is the best way to disable your adobe integrity software if you are receiving warnings or errors like “Your adobe software is not genuine” or “Your adobe software has some errors”.
To use this method, acquaint yourself with the below-listed steps:
- Firstly, press the Window key plus X (Win+X) to open Command Prompt option.
- Now, a command prompt window will appear as shown:
Write any of the commands listed below for the time period, for which you want to delete your old backups.
For example, you want to delete all the files older than 3 months then either type FhManagew.exe -cleanup 90 or FhManagew.exe -cleanup 90 -quiet, as per your convenience. Here, we have opted for the second command- FhManagew.exe -cleanup 30. Both will work similarly for you. Then press enter key.
Here, are the command option:
All but the latest one
- FhManagew.exe -cleanup 0
- FhManagew.exe -cleanup 0 -quiet
Older than 1 month
- FhManagew.exe -cleanup 30
- FhManagew.exe -cleanup 30 -quiet
Older than 3 month
- FhManagew.exe -cleanup 90
- FhManagew.exe -cleanup 90 -quiet
Older than 6 month
- FhManagew.exe -cleanup 180
- FhManagew.exe -cleanup 180 -quiet
Older than 1 year (default)
- FhManagew.exe -cleanup 365
- FhManagew.exe -cleanup 365 -quiet
This is the command list, pick any command from the list and enter it in the command prompt window to delete the files.
- In case, you get a notification – We didn’t find any versions of your files that were that old as shown in the image then click on the close button and repeat the above step with a shooter period of time.
- When your cleanup will be successfully completed then a window will display on your screen “Cleanup Completed Successfully” then click on Ok.
Congrats..you have successfully deleted all your old backup files. If you face any difficulty in any step in delete backup files in the Window 10 guide then let us know in the comment section.
Also, Read: Topmost Ways to Efficiently Download Your Youtube Videos
Hoping, you are able to free-up your space and able to delete backup files in the Window 10. We have talked about two widely used methods for deleting the backup in Window 10 or Delete backup files in Window 10. Moreover, the steps are simple and easy still you face any issue in any step, then feel free to write to us in the comment section. We will resolve your query.
If the article is relevant for you then do share it with your friends, your small effort will definitely help someone. Stay tuned for the next valuable article.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is it safe to delete Windows backup files?
We always prefer to have a backup of our files automatically using an automatic system backup. But this loads our drive with unnecessary backup files. So, there is no harm to delete the backup files using the right procedure from time to time. Even you can harmlessly delete older windows update files.
How can we delete the backup history files?
For doing so, open the control panel and then click on the file history. Then go for the Advanced settings and thereafter Clean up versions. A window will appear with a drop-down menu, select the time period and press ok. For its detailed information, you can consider method 1 in the above article.
Does Windows backup delete all old backups?
No…Windows backup doesn’t delete old backups. You have to manually delete them by any of the methods (various methods are available) or you can use any specialized software for the same.
How to free up space on the backup drive?
Firstly, make sure that your backup drive is plugged into your laptop. Now, on the left side of your File history window, tap on the “Advanced settings” option. Here, you will get an advanced settings option- now, click on the “Clean up versions”. Then select the period for deleting the files. Click on ok. You are done.
- 1 How to delete Backup files in Window 10:
- 2 Summation:
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions: