When we talk about a complete photo and video editing software, Adobe is the one such software that comes first in our mind. Isn’t it?…… But despite being an awesome software, some of the people reported that when they use the software, they receive either
- “the Adobe software you are using is not genuine” or
- “Non-genuine software pop-up” error
If this, is the same case for you then this article is completely for you, with which you must acquaint yourself. Here, we will share the way to solve your issue(Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service). Stay tuned…
Well, the Adobe Suite is one of the programs offering us an absolute package for video and photo editing. However, the software is not working properly and errors come if users start using it displaying Adobe Software is not genuine.
So, this is a complete guide to help you to remove the error by disabling the software.
To dive deep into the topic, be with us until the end:
Whether you are a Mac user or a Windows user, don’t worry. We let you know the exact ways to disable this software from both devices. So, stay connected till the end, for solving all your quires.
Let’s move ahead towards the disabling process:
There are numerous ways through which you can disable the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service from Windows.
You can disable the service, using Windows service. To do so, simply follow the below-listed steps that you will easily do
- First of all, enter the services in the search box of your desktop to open it:
- Once the service window display, click on the standard category that you find on the bottom left side of the displayed service window.
- Now, find the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service standard category. After finding it, right-click on it and then choose the Properties option from the displayed screen.
- Click on the startup type, initially, it will be General but now you have to change it to Disable. Once you click on it, it will display various options such as Manual, Automatic, Disable. Select the disabled option.
Tap on Okay then on Apply.
- After following all the steps, you will receive a notification on your screen assuring you that your Adobe Genuine Software Integrity service is successfully disabled.
If it doesn’t work for then don’t worry, we have another method for you to disable it from your windows.
To use this method, follow the procedure, step by step so that you can comfortably disable it on your windows device. So quickly, check the steps and follow them accordingly:
- Simply tap, on the Windows and S buttons simultaneously. Then type the task Manager in the search box and open it.
- Now, discover the “Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service” on the displayed screen. After discovering it, right-click on it. A list of the options will appear on your screen, find the ‘open file location’ from that list, and simply click on it.
- Now, open the “AdobeGCIClient” folder.
- Then, minimize the window and then again turn to the Task Manager. Repeatedly, right-click on the “Adobe Genuine Software Service”. Simply, click on the “End Task” button.
- Once you are done, with all the steps, go back to the minimized window and delete the folder.
Congrats…you have successfully disabled your Adobe software. In case, you face any issue then write to us in the comment section.
If you find, all the above steps hectic then we have a short method for you, which will effortlessly delete your Adobe program. So, to disable it using the Command Prompt option, accompany yourself with the under mentioned steps. Here, they are:
- Enter CMD in your device search box, then a list will appear- find the Command Prompt option in that list. Simply right-click on it and choose the Run as an administrator option.
- On your CMD screen, type the SC delete AGSService in it and tap on the return key.
- To remove the folder, now navigate yourself to the following paths:
And you are done. Isn’t it super easy?
To disable the program, you can update your registry. But to disable it using this method, you have to follow all the steps that are mentioned below:
- Visit the start option and select the run option. In your prompt window, enter “Regedit” in the search box and click on the ok button.
- Make sure, you don’t miss this step. A registry editor window will appear on your screen. Now, take the backup of your registry, before you make any changes to your registry.
- After, considering the above step. Choose the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion.
- Now, right-click on the latest manager and tap on the delete button to disable it from your windows.
Once you have complied with all the steps, then restart your computer and check whether the annoying application still on your device or not.
These are the most powerful methods by which you can remove your “Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service”. All of these will help you to successfully disable it. In case, you face any issues then let us know in the comment section. We will definitely work to resolve it.
See also: How to disable pop up blocker on Chrome
This section is for the mac users, those who want to remove the Adobe Genuine Software Service for Mac then you need to read all the steps thoroughly.
To remove the software from your Mac, fulfill the below-criteria and you will be done.
- Open your Mac and then visit the Finder and then visit the Library folder.
- But in the updated version of the Mac, you will not get Library using this method. To find this option in the updated version, you can access this from the Library folder Open finder, then discover go and enter the ~/Library.
- After this, visit Application Support.
- Then find Adobe and after this, go for AdobeGCCClient.
- Simply delete the folder and even clear it from the trash.
After fulfilling all the procedures, you will be able to remove the software from your Mac. It is simple to use and effective.
The article provides you the ways through which you can easily remove the error that annoy you. We have listed the disabling method for both devices- Windows and Mac. You can pick accordingly and follow the steps at your convenience. Hoping the information is useful for you.
In case, any issue arrives in between the process then write to us in the comment section. We will give our best to help you and acquaint you with the best methods to solve it.
Yes…you can disable the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity service on your device. No matter, whether you have Mac or Windows you can remove the software from your device. To do so, simply follow the above-mentioned steps as per your requirement.
There are multiple ways through which you can remove the program from your device. We have mentioned all the powerful methods through which you can do this on your laptop. As per convenience, you can rely on any of the methods. Different sections are available one for Windows and another for Mac. Accordingly, you can choose and work on it.
To disable the software on Mac, simply follow the above-listed steps and free up yourself from the program.
- 1 Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service
- 2 How to disable Adobe Genuine Software service?
- 3 How to disable Adobe Genuine Software Service for Windows
- 4 How to disable Adobe Genuine Software Service for Mac
- 5 Final Thoughts
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions