Yet another unofficial version of Windows 7 has made its way onto the net. This version is made simply for speed. It features an unattended install and does not require a serial number (which of course means its not a genuine version of Windows 7)
This version is not legal so for that reason we will not be providing download links.
Here is a little about the Windows Tiny7 by eXPerience:
Thank you for trying the very first edition of Windows Tiny7
Based on: Windows 7 Ultimate x86 build 6.1.7600.16385 RTM
To install Windows Tiny7 from this CD, set your PC up so it will boot from the CD-ROM in the PC's BIOS.
There is no upgrade option available in Tiny7, because the option is removed.
Only install Tiny7 onto a freshly formatted partition or hard disk.
You do not need any product key in this release - the installation of Tiny7 is unattended, apart from in the very beginning where you choose which drive or partition to install to.
All installations are set to US English. If you do not want the US keyboard settings, you will have to change this in Windows when it has installed (as opposed to choosing it at install time), its easy enough, just open the "Keyboard Settings" folder in the desktop eXPerience folder and read the included ReadMe.txt that is there.
- ISO File Size.............................. 699 Mb
- RAM Usage On First Installation............ 145 Mb (idle for 5 mins)
- Entire Installation Size................... 2.46 Gb
- WINDOWS Folder Size........................ 2.40 Gb
- Running Processes, total................... 24
- Running Processes, Windows................. 22
- Install Time In VMware..................... 10 to 15 minutes*
*The operating system takes 10 minutes to get to first logon, but on first logon the activation process takes a few minutes and in total it all adds up to about 15 minutes.
General Windows components that are kept:
This installation still includes, but is not limited to:
- Aero Theme
- Fax Support
- Internet Explorer 8
- Modem Support
- Most Languages (only Chinese, Japanese and Korean are removed)
- Printer Support
- Smart Card Support
- Windows Sounds
- Windows Update
(See the complete list below of what is kept in vLite)
- eXPerience Desktop folder with vital essentials
- eXPerience Wallpaper
- Quick Launch enabler on desktop (Thanks to ntoskrnl)
- Dozens of tweaks to improve Windows
- Watermark "Test Mode" removed
- Windows is activated offline (Thanks to Hazar)
- DirectX 9c DLL Files (some standalone/ripped games might need these)
- Everything Search v18.104.22.1681 (find files and folders without waiting)
- Flash v10.0.22.87 for IE (player forand Google Video etc)
- Foxit PDF Reader Pro v3.0.1301 (open PDF files from the web in IE)
- HashTab v2.1.1 (adds a tab on file properties to see file checksum)
- WinRAR v3.80 (compression tool to handle various archive formats)
Desktop eXPerience Folder
Most of these folders contain quick solutions to things that otherwise
would be buried away in the Windows GUI, or you would have to know the
command to run the item, like "control userpasswords2" will open the
screen to change your Windows 7 login password, or "intl.cpl" runs the
"Regional and Language Options" from Control Panel.
[eXPerience folder contents]
- Comodo Firewall - Download link to Comodo Firewall.
- Desktop Icon Layout - Allows you to save your desktop icon setup.
- Hibernation - Turns Hibernation on/off with one double click.
- Keyboard Settings - Quick way to open "Regional and language Options"
- Registry Backup - Easily backup your registry in one double click.
- TCPIP Patcher - Patch your tcpip.sys to allow 255 connections, not 10.
- User Password - Easily change your password for Windows.
[+ Links to useful items in Windows]
- Add Remove Programs
- Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc)
- Event Viewer (eventvwr.exe)
- Group Policy (gpedit.msc)
Quick Launch Enabler
On the desktop is a tool that can enable Quick Launch in just one click. You should run this ONCE only, if you want Quick Launch like on XP/Vista.
If the program doesn't make Quick Launch the first time, just remove the Quick Launch toolbar and run the enabler again.
Program created by ntoskrnl.
On the right click of "Computer" you have the following added:
- Advanced System Properties
- Device Manager
- Edit Registry
THE FOLLOWING COMPONENTS HAVE BEEN KEPT IN vLite:
KEPT - [Accessories]
Character Map, Disk Cleanup, Game Explorer, Notepad, Paint, Snipping
Tool, System Information, Welcome Center, Wordpad.
KEPT - [Drivers]
Generic printer, QLogic Fibre Channel Adapter, Storage controllers.
KEPT - [Hardware Support] (everything is kept)
Dynamic Volume Manager, Fax Support, Firewire (1394), Floppy Disk
Support, Infrared Support, Internet Small Computer System Interface,
Microsoft Multi-Path Bus, Modem Support, Printer Support, Smartcards,
TV Tuner support, Windows HotStart, Windows Image Acquisition, Windows
Portable Devices, WLAN Support, XBOX 360 Controller.
KEPT - [Languages]
Arabic, Brazillian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch,
Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian,
Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese,
Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish,
Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian.
KEPT - [Multimedia]
Intel Indeo, Media Metadata Handler, Photo Metadata Handler, Shell
event sounds, Wallpapers, Windows Aero Theme.
KEPT - [Network]
Distributed File System, File and printer sharing (Server), Internet
Explorer, Link-Layer Topology Discovery, Network and Sharing Center,
Network Explorer, Quality of Service, RIP Listener, Windows Firewall.
KEPT - [Services]
Application Experience, Background Intelligent Transfer Service,
Computer Browser, Desktop Window Manager, DHCP, Distributed Link
Tracking Client, Distributed Transaction Coordinator, DNS Client,
Extensible Authentication Protocol, Interactive Services Detection,
Internet Connection Sharing, IP Helper, IPsec Policy Agent,
Multimedia Class Scheduler, Network Access Protection Agent, Network
List Service, Network Location Awareness, Protected Storage, Quality
Windows Audio Video Experience, Remote Access Auto Connection Manager,
Remote Access Connection Manager, Secondary Logon, Secure Socket
Tunneling Protocol, SSDP Discovery, SuperFetch, Task Scheduler,
TCP/IP NetBios Helper, Telephony, TPM Base Services, Universal Plug
and Play, User-mode Driver Framework, Volume Shadow Copy, WebDAV
(WebClient), Windows Color System (WCS/ICM), Windows Connect Now,
Windows Event Log, Windows Remote Management, Windows Time,
KEPT - [System]
16-bit Support, Beep, Component Cache, Disk Quota, Jet Database Engine,
MDAC, Microsoft Client For NFS, Microsoft HTML engine, Run a legacy
CPL elevated, Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications (SUA), User Account
Control (UAC), Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (Shimgvw), Zip Folder.
Special note from eXPerience:
I have used this modded OS for a few days and it seems every bit as fast as Windows XP. If you have always wanted to use Vista, but were holding out for Windows 7 - its worth it! This slimmed edition boots up fast, shuts down fast, opens applications fast, even VMware v5.5 runs fast on it once its started up. File copying seems no slower than XP. All in all this new Windows really blows away XP because of all the new features. You have to remember XP is from 2001 when no one even had such a thing as "Wireless" or a SATA drive. Now all this new hardware runs on Windows XP but the OS was never designed to run it really. You might wonder why not just use Vista - don't even go there. Lets just pretend Vista never existed. In fact Microsoft should have not ever released it but I guess they had to in order to improve on it and eventually get it right - with Windows 7.
ISO File MD5 Hash: